Tuesday, February 21, 2017

21 Feb 2017 The Closing Chapter

Well this week has been a little crazy... just a quick update before I explain it all... last week we had conference with Elder Rasband (Way cool), yesterday I had emergency changes again... I am no longer an hermana leader but I am now training for the last week of my mission... and I am now in Antigua... and next Wednesday I get home from my mission. So now to explain a little more... conference with Elder Rasband was incredible... I really do not have words to describe all that happened in that conference. But the Spirit was so strong... really we could feel the love of the Savior and our Heavenly Father and it felt that they were there with us. It was an experience that I will never ever forgot. Some of the things that Elder Rasband shared were that we should never second guess our impressions from the Spirit, and also that we have to study the life of the Savior if we really want to come to know Him and love Him. And I was amazed as the questions that I had brought to the conference were answered. In my mission I have had 2 desires... that the Atonement could become personal in my life and that I could feel that I was clean of my sins... I was able to receive that the both have been fulfilled in that conference.... what a great blessing. Really it was a once in a life time experience that I am never going to forget. About emergency changes... well I have always said that President would not let me die in peace (finish my mission in peace pues)... and I was right. On Sunday one of the Hermana Leaders left to go home early for family reasons... and well for that we had a chain effect of needing emergency changes among hermana leaders... and so on Sunday night I got a call from President Markham telling me that I would be having emergency changes... so I packed up all my bags quick and on Tuesday morning with a few hiccups and a little miscommunication I got to Antigua yesterday. And well this last week I will be here... and I am finishing the training of Hermana Rotellini from the Republica Dominicana... She is great. And I am enjoying this last week in one of the most touristy areas of the mission... I may be buying a few too many recuerdos but that is okay... And well yeah... this week I am going to finish my service as a full time missionary... March 1st I will be home in house... it seems crazy to me how fast the mission has flown by. But I know that I have done all I can to serve the Lord in this time and I have felt that He is greatly pleased for all my hard work. The mission has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but it has been the most rewarding thing too. It has changed my life forever. And I am thankful for the decision that I made to come on the mission. Just so you all know this will be my last letter... but I look forward to catching up with you all when I get home and sharing my experiences with you. But I just want to let you all know that I know with all of my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God. It is the same church that Jesus Christ established when He was here in the Earth. That Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is true and it changes lives as we read it daily. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for your support and love and prayers in these last 18 months. Les amo un monton! Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment