Friday, February 10, 2017

20 December 2016 Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Well an update on my life here in the mission. Things have been going well a little stressful but thats okay... because what is life without a little bit of stress right??? Christmas good. The 24th we spent visiting some members and eating lots of tamales... I ate 6 of them... and they are big... but it was really good. We got home at the same time and just went to sleep... but the zone leaders called us at 11:45 and woke us up so we went out side to see all the fireworks that the set off here in Guatemala. Sunday we just got up and went to church normal and then we had to travel a little to be able to talk with our families... so we spent most of the day outside of our area. But it was worth it to see and talk with everyone for a little bit. I actually really enjoyed this Christmas. It has really helped me to come and focus more on the true importance of Christmas. The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. It has been an amazing experience to be able to testify of Him and of all that he does for us. Really I love my Savior with all my heart. Yesterday we were visiting with some of the converts in our area that were baptized a little less then a year ago... I love this family with all my heart. They have passed through so many trials but their testimonies stay so so strong. And yesterday we were just talking with them about some things that had happened and really together we were able to grow to understand more about the Atonement and why this Gospel is so important to have in our lives. Sometimes it is the only thing that keeps us going when all else is going wrong. It was something that I will never forget as we all sat there with tears in our eyes understand how important it is to have this knowledge. And wow how crazy that we are going to start a new year. Seems like this one has started and now will be ending in the blink of an eye... It has surprised me. I think that 2016 has been the biggest year of growth in my life. I have seen myself change so much especially with having this year here in the mission. I am excited for the start of a new year in which we can put new goals and do new things. It will definitely be a year with some big changes for me but I know that with the Lords help all will be alright. Thanks for all of your love and prayers! Have a Happy New Year! And remember that the Gospel is true and that Heavenly Father loves you!!! Les amo mucho! Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment