Wednesday, August 31, 2016

19 July 2016 - Time keeps flying by....

So time keeps flying by super fast... sometimes I just cannot believe it. But really I am loving every second of the time that I have in the mission. It is so special. One of the things that I have been trying to do in my studies is read more from the Bible and right now I am reading in Luke. But as I finished Mark this last week I was amazed to read about the suffering of Christ in the Garden of Gethsamne. Really he knew what he would have to suffer mentally but he was not prepared for it physically and really it just amazed me that he suffered so much for us. Many times in our lives we think that what we are passing thorugh is so hard but really Christ passed through everything we feel and more. Many times in my mission and have reflected on how much Christ suffered for me. One of the things that Presidente Markham always says to us is that we are here in the mission to suffer and to make the Atonement become really. So many times in my mission I have just felt the reality of the Atonement and just how special it is. I am eternally grateful for my Savior and for everything that he did and still does for us. We are always there encircled about by his arms. We had interview with Presidente this last week and they were so great. I love being able to talk with Presidente Markham. But we talked a little bit about prayer and just how after a long hard day of work when we kneel down and begin to talk to our Heavenly Father he comes running, running to us to hear and help us. And really in that moment I felt the Spirit so strongly and I could just imagine that. What a great blessing it is to have the ability to pray and kneel down... it is how we can really talk to Heavenly Father and have this open communication with him. And he always hears and answers our prayers. Hermano Luis and Hermano Olga are preparing super well for their wedding. They are really excited. And Hermano Luis went to church for the first time on Sunday and it was great because a new member of the bishopric talked about his conversion and progression in the Church and it really helped them. And they also got to pop into a baptism of another ward to see how a baptism is which helped a lot for them to not have questions. Really I love this family so much and I am so excited to be able to watch them progress. And really I know that it was an answer to a prayer that I came here to Linda Vista to know them. I don't know if Jason will remember this but he served in the same mission as the sister of Hermana Olga. Well once in the mission she told Jason that I was going to come to Linda Vista and baptized her family... Jason said that no way would that happen... well in 2 short weeks we are going to see that fulfilled. It really amazes me how the Lord works and prepares people for us and how he answers prayers... I hope that you all have a great week. Remember that the Lord lives and loves each of you and that every day he will be there helping you to keep moving forward. Les amo un monton! Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment