Wednesday, August 31, 2016

14 June 2016 - Erik Fergunson

So I do not know if I have written much about Erick. But Hermano Erick is 18 and he is the nephew of a less active member that we are working with the be active. Well this week we had the great opprotuinty to watch Erick enter the waters of baptism. It was such a battle for him. Really when I came to the area I was really unsure what would happen with him... he was not keeping lots of our commitments. But about 2 weeks ago things started to change.... he really started working hard to meet this goal. He went to church 2 weeks in a row and he fought to have the permission of his parents to go (he lives with his parents and depends on them for everything and they are a little difficult sometimes) but we saw lots of miracles. And he lost one of his Books of Mormon so we gave him another one and he started reading. And he just kept keep commitment after commitment. And he had is baptismal date for the 11 of June but something came up and he was not going to be able to be baptized that day but he just told us why dont we just move it up a day. And so of course we said yes and we went crazy organizing everything. But on Friday morning we had the opprotunity to watch him enter into the waters of baptism. And really he was just so so happy. And it was such a neat experience for us. And really just every day I learn a little more about the importance of faith in every single footstep. Really with faith we can see miracles. I have seen more miracles in teh last 9 months of my life then I ever though possible. But really I know with all of my heart that God loves His children. So much...and it is unconditional. Always rememeber that and that He is there helping you with every single thing in your life. I love this Gospel with all my heart and I know with out a doubt that it is true. And on another note... next week I am going to write on Wednesday because we have cambios (changes) here in the mission. Who knows what will happen with that but we will find out on Sunday night if we have changes or not. Hope that you all have a great week! Les amo un monton! Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment