Tuesday, November 15, 2016

26 October 2016

This week was a good week. We had changes... I am still here in La Gomera but I have a new companion. Hermana Pineda. She is from Mexico like Hermana Ruiz. We only have 1 day together but things are going great here. It was sad saying good bye to Hermana Ruiz knowing that I do not know when I will see her again. She has been one of the best companions I have had and I learned so much from her. She changed my mission in so many ways. Really going to miss being able to see her. But fun things... well since Hermana Ruiz was going to finish her mission we had permission to go and visit one of her areas... Well she choose to go visit Petapa (my first area and the area in which we were companions before). And so on Monday we got up super early and traveled 3 hours in a buses to get to Petapa and then spent the whole day visiting members and converts. It really was quite the experience. Some of them knew that we were coming before hand but we passed by to surprise a few of them. It was really funny to see their faces of surprise. One of the greatest joys that I had was that we surprised my first convert in the mission Juan Jose. And when he opened the door he just let out a big gasp and was so so so happy. And to know that he is still going to church made me super happy. Really it was a great day. Also yesterday in changes I was able to see Hermana Traveller (my companion from the CCM) again after about 9 months of not seeing each other and she now is a hermana leader too so I am going to be able to see her a little more this change. Crazy all the things that are happening here in the mission... but I am so so happy and we are working hard here in our area. We hope that in a few weeks we will be having baptisms and maybe a wedding... but every day we are trying to put our trust in the Lord and work to help His children know the truth. Hope that all is great with you guys! Les amo mucho! Hermana Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment