Sunday, August 2, 2015

Called to Serve

This last week I had the amazing opportunity to attend the British Pageant in Nauvoo. Much like the Nauvoo pageant the British Pageant is the story of the early members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and other countries in that area of Europe. It is the story of how these people came to a knowledge of the gospel through missionaries. These missionaries traveled far from their homes and families in order to share what they had come to know as the truth. These missionaries went to teach and share a belief in a living Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who appeared to  Joseph Smith when he was young in order to restore the true church to the Earth. Along with this they taught of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon as another testament of Jesus Christ and that the power of the Priesthood had been restored to the Earth again just as it had been on the Earth in the time of Jesus Christ. And as these missionaries shared these beliefs many people joined the Church and continued to grow stronger in their faith and knowledge. Much like these early missionaries I will be leaving my home and family and so many other things behind for a year and a half in just 31 short days so that I may be able to bring the knowledge of the Gospel to the people of Guatemala. It may seem like a strange thing for someone that is only 19 years old to be doing but for me it is exactly what my Heavenly Father needs me to be doing right now. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has truly been the greatest blessing of my life and it has helped me through so many things in my life. I would not be where I am today without it in my life and I will be eternally grateful for Heavenly Father for allowing me to have this knowledge in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment